Code of Conduct
Member Code of Conduct
Little People of America (LPA) is committed to providing a safe, caring, healthy, and respectful environment for all members and guests. To promote these values, we ask individuals to act appropriately at all times when attending our events.
Our Member Code of Conduct dictates positive interactions with others, language free of anger or vulgarities, and actions at or above a generally accepted standard of conduct. The following conduct can lead to immediate suspension or termination of membership:
Violation of membership rules and policies in the LPA Bylaws and Policy Manual
- Physical contact with another person in an angry or threatening manner
- Angry or vulgar language including swearing, name calling, or shouting
- Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language, or any other menacing behavior
- Theft or behavior that results in the destruction of property belonging to LPA, its members or guests, or homes or facilities where events are taking place
- Unlawful carrying of concealed weapons or devices/objects that may be used as weapons
- Unlawful use or possession of illegal chemicals, tobacco, or alcohol during LPA events
- Any other conduct of an inappropriate, threatening or offensive nature
The protection of our members and guests participating in our programs and events is a paramount interest of Little People of America. LPA reserves the right to deny access, suspend, or revoke membership to any person who violates the membership code of conduct. This code of conduct is applicable at all LPA functions including national, district, and chapter sponsored events. The board of directors of the governing body of the event have the responsibility and right to enforce the code of conduct and to determine consequences for violations.
This Code of Conduct does not otherwise affect the legal rights and responsibilities of LPA or its members. LPA reserves the right to call law enforcement when necessary. Any action by LPA does not preclude legal recourse by the hotel, event venue, individual member or non-member, or outside entity.
Membership Code of Conduct Acknowledgment
I hereby acknowledge that I have received a copy of the Little People of America Membership Code of Conduct. I also agree that as a member of LPA I will adhere to all rules and policies set forth in this Code. If I am signing as the Head of Household, I agree to inform all members listed on my Membership and/or Registration Form of the rules and policies set forth in this Code. I understand that any violation of the rules and policies listed in this Code could result in penalties up to loss of membership privileges of Little People of America, nationally, regionally, and locally.
By attending the LPA conference I hereby give my permission to Little People of America and their designated agents to take and use any photograph, video-tape or voice recording of me, the signer of this page, my family or my guests, for publication or reproduction in any advertisement, public relations effort or fund raising efforts of the association, its programs or agents.
Code of Conduct needs only be signed one time per member/member family.